About Advocacy First
Each year, Advocacy First help people from all walks of life. The service is free and confidential; clients can feel entirely confident that no action or discussion will take place without their consent.
We work in partnership with other organisations where appropriate and beneficial. Sometimes we may have to make referrals to other organisations when advocacy is not the answer to a problem.
Meet our team of trustees today! Our team is highly experienced, friendly, and here to support you in leaving hospital.
What is advocacy?
Advocacy is taking action to support people to say what they want, secure their rights, pursue their interests and obtain services they need.
Advocacy is representing someone else’s views and concerns as if they were your own.
Unfortunately, we cannot help with:
-act in legal matters.
-give benefit entitlement advice.
-give medical advice.
We can help with
- Ensure your voice is heard
- Have support in meetings about your treatment and care
- Assist and enable you to make your own decisions
- Liaise with organisations on your behalf where required
- Achieve a safe, successful and timely discharge from hospital
- Access community based support services following your discharge from hospital
Apply to volunteer
If you're interested in becoming a part of our team, contact us today!
We're always looking to recruit new volunteers to help support our clients and provide the best service possible to those in need. Contact us to find out more about our vacancies and positions available.